VLOG Thursday 228

I would use it to access my server that I have moved out into the basement to minimize the noise in my office area.

I would be connecting it to a 16x input switch and adding rs323 code to use it as a full rack kvm. Its actually something thats been on my to-do listā€¦

It will Help me a lot cause i donā€™t have 1ā€¦

Ooh! This would go straight on my linux PLEX/ storage box. Iā€™d hook up a serial to USB adapter too for a backup plan to get serial to my switch.
Unless this has the https license LAN only though :slight_smile:
Thanks yā€™all!

Just finished building a TrueNas Core system out of spare components for my mother-in-law in another state. This would make managing it a lot less butt clenching.

Simple homelaber here, a new toy would be awesome :smiley:

Iā€™m currently studying Cybersecurity and I want to use Pi KVM to manage my ESXI server. I am tired of unplugging the server and carry it to my room to troubleshoot or change bios.

Homelab built around pfSense using many of your videos. Keep up the great work with your content creation. Thanks.

Hi Tom,

Been watching your videos a long time. I would love this for my trueNAS server :smiley:

I would use it to start building my home lab.

I would love to try one of these out on my main desktop and potentially later when I repurpose it as a server.

I would use it in my home lab

I love playing with new things and always listen to your podcasts about stuff I may have not heard of before. Iā€™m an IT consultation in Central Oregon. Thanks for your consideration.

Hi Tom, I just like to have fun tinkering with all kinds of technology. I would probably use this Tiny Pilot KVM on a remote server in the attic. Instead of getting out the ladder, I can just open up my laptop. Sounds easy huh?? Thanks man. Watched every video. You are one smart mofo!

I would manage my ProxMox server with the TinyPilot.

I would manage my Plex server with this, since the IPMI quit after installing a video card

I would use it for my my Proxmox server which does not have IPMI

I have three cabinets with servers, etc that could use the Tinypilotā€¦ Some of my servers are old Supermicros and the IPMI doesnā€™t work any more, so this would be helpful for remote access for those serversā€¦
Thanks Tom for all the great infoā€¦

Doug

I have an old Cisco server running proxmox that uses flash for remote administration. Yes, flash! I also have one of those two port iogear KVMā€™s you mention in your review video that would allow me to administer the server and a couple other PCā€™s too! So that would be cool!

That is so cool. I love that it has the ability to roll around! What rack is that and where did you get it?