QLogic vs Intel

I learned from this forums that appliances and network cards with the RealTek chipset are not a good idea to use with pfSense. The preferred NIC chipset is Intel

What is the feeling on QLogic? Specifically, this one NC530 —> https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03354448
N

My advice would be stick with Intel if you can, especially if your using 10GbE
I used Emulex cards once and lived to regret it, In amongst all that I think I also tried some Q-Logic cards too and in the end bought Intel cards, which solved all my issues I was having.

The Q-Logic cards will likely work, you just might not get the performance you want out of them.

Thanks for the advice Ad4m. I started looking at the NC560SFP. The prices on eBay are comparable to the NC530’s. They use the Intel 82599 NIC controller. The drivers are native in almost all OS. The reason I’m focusing on the HP NIC’s is they’re going in HP servers.

No worries. There are intel options for the hp servers. Let me know the model are you using and ill lookup the pn you need from the quickspecs if you like ??