pfSense Issue - No Network

Hi all, I’m having a problem with an ethernet interface. I’ve assigned the interface and given it an IP, and enabled it. DHCP also configured for the network on the interface.

Whatever I plug into the interface, there is no network flow, and no IP received. The interface shows as UP in dashboard. The mode of the interface is set to Auto.

There seems to be no connectivity what so ever, the card is the same card vendor as my LAN so it can’t be a driver issue.

Any help greatly appreciated

PS: LEDs are lit on card with Laptop connected, Not sure whether this is relevant but saw it in System Logs:

/rc.newwanip: rc.newwanip: Info: starting on re2.

My WAN interface is actually re0.

Thanks in Advance

Im also seeing this error:

/rc.newwanip: pfSense package system has detected an IP change or dynamic WAN reconnection - 0.0.0.0 -> 10.9.8.250 - Restarting packages.

Sounds like a bad or not supported network card.

I thought that, but upon inspection - its the same card as I use for LAN or re1.

Could be a bad card I guess…

Check your firewall rules. Screen Captures here help too.

I checked,

Allow all on OPT1, It turns out - Ive had to recover the OS and reload my config as my box got stuck in a reboot loop for some reason, anyway, Ive ordered some Intel NICs as Im putting it down to a duff card at the moment.

So you have a 4 port network card in your firewall? Port 1 is WAN, Port 2 is LAN and Port 3 is OPT1?

Nope, WAN (re0) is on the motherboard, LAN (re1) is a DLINK network card, OPT (re2) is the same model DLINK network card as LAN.

re0@pci0:1:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0xd6258086 chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
vendor = ‘Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.’
device = ‘RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller’
class = network
subclass = ethernet
re1@pci0:5:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x43001186 chip=0x43001186 rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
vendor = ‘D-Link System Inc’
device = ‘DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter’
class = network
subclass = ethernet
re2@pci0:5:8:0: class=0x020000 card=0x43001186 chip=0x43001186 rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
vendor = ‘D-Link System Inc’
device = ‘DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter’
class = network
subclass = ethernet

Screen capture your DHCP for each and post here. If you are limited on the number of SS send the OPT1 and LAN at least

LAN & OPT

Okay, well all seems well there. The last thing I would check is the NAT outbound mappings. Can you provide those SS too?

oh and make sure your DNS is setup for that particular interface as well

I was going to sort DNS after I actually get connectivity to the interface

This has been edited to reflect Copy 2nd from TOP

Add a mapping (Copy your 2nd from TOP) and change the IP to 10.9.8.0/24 under Source. It appears your 10-net range on OPT1 does not have a mapping to get out to the WAN. You do not need a 500(ISAKMP) entry.

Second from bottom under automatic mappings?

Like this?

yes, if that doesn’t work Im not sure what it is. Could be the card or some other config within pfSense.