Opensource ITGlue Alternative

You have some competition! There is a new company called bluetrait.io

2 Likes

Hi all
I had a look and would like to install self host, and wondered if anyone could help me with this as looking at the install notes I csnt figure out how to do this
Thanks in advanced everyone and be Safe!!

Mentes

Update: We have decided upon the name being ITFlow. We just registered a domain itflow.org and plan to build out the website in the coming weeks, along with further enhancing the documentation and the application. The new demo site will be:

https://demo.itflow.org

User: demo@demo
Pass: demo

We plan to implement a forum related to ITFlow as well (Feature Requests, bugs, questions etc)

We are also looking for a volunteer or volunteers to implement some documentation for this project.

We are looking for critics, we want to make this web app better in any way possible. Critics inspire innovation. When opening up bug reports or feature requests keep it at one topic per Github issue.

@mentes We updated the install documentation for better clarity.

@Krisleslie thanks for notifying us. We will look into the app and see if we can get any ideas from it. Although they are a paid non self hosted solution. We are totally opensource, white labeled and community supported project. We wouldn’t consider them a competition.

@LTS_Tom There doesn’t seem to be a way to edit the original post to change the URL for the new demo site. Are you able to update the original post to reflect the new demo site link. Thanks Tom =]

3 Likes

I’m throwing my hat in and willing to help out in any way possible. Just looked at the demo and had a little fun trying out the different options. Really intuitive.

Just came across this thread whilst doing a general google search for an IT Glue alternative and I’m now gutted I didn’t find this earlier! Did you get as far as setting up a forum / documentation site?

This looks like exactly the kind of thing I keep telling myself I should write but never getting around to and I’d love to start using it and helping out.

1 Like

I’m super glad you found ITFlow and it can be of use =] We do not have any documentation, website or forums up and running at the moment. We do however have someone in the community working on documentation and website for us, which forums will follow. Please use the GitHub to open any feature requests or bug reports. Code commits can also be very helpful. Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Thanks for all you do been following for a while will check out this weekend.

Hi Johnny,
Please do let me know if I can help with any documentation etc.
Happy to give a helping hand in my free time. Feel free to email me at adam@ajrb.co.uk

Cheers,
Adam

I really appreciate it @ajrbservices. Docs should be written in markdown and can be submitted via pull requests, I will start a docs folder on the project. I may start a Youtube channel on the Development and use maybe soon

any roadmap ? need a howto/general KB folder at the top level . i get you have a document folder in each client which is cool , but would like to have a option for a tree level

my thought process is we have 50 documents from LOB to SOP docs but would be nice to snap to the 10 Employee docs rather then search 50 docs for those .
thought

example of structure

Client Docs

• Employee documents
  • LOB documents
  • General Howtos

upper level Document / KB area

• Linux Howtos
  • Windows Howtos
  • General Howtos
    function to create additional folder structure

can someone tell me where i can learn how to write that extra code . would be cool too

Randy

additional question or ask. is there a way to import contacts/devices/login etc. ?

Amazing my friend. Looks intriguing

@johnny Are you still developing your ITFlow system? We are looking for something similar. Any interest in creating a Docker image for deployment? Would def. make managing it easier.

@dmkjr We are its been held back as we have been getting much busier than we anticipated, which is a good thing but it has hindered me on working on ITFLow. I can get whole lot done on the ITFlow, if I have a whole day without interruption. Hopefully I can pick back up soon. History shows our downtime usually starts late May and into early July.

Neat stuff, when you guys get wheels on this, maybe consider contacting Cloudron and working with them to have this added to their apps