Linux Laptop 2019

Good Evening Everyone! If you were in the market for a modern laptop that was going to exclusively run Linux (Manjaro?). What would you look at that would be 100% working right out of the box?

Ideally I would like it to have a discrete graphics card. A good amount of RAM, a healthy CPU and decent battery life. It’s my only computer so I do everything from web surfing on the couch, to watching Tom’s awesome videos, to making videos of my own.

Right now I’m running a 2017 15" rMBP with the Touch Bar. I would consider trying to switch that machine over, but I’m not liking what I’m reading when it comes to hardware compatibility.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Hi,

these guys build systems that run linux out of the box

Yes. Go System 76. Contact their sales department. I would get the Galago Pro if its within your budget. Also, why do you choose Manjaro? Could you consider trying [

Pop!_OS by System76

](https://system76.com/pop)
They made a custom spin of Ubuntu that is Awesome! I use it on my laptop and desktop.
On the Desktop I got their ISO which comes with Nvidia drivers built in.

I have considered System 76 for years.

I’m an Arch fan is the main reason I picked Manjaro. I like the rolling release model.

I’m not a huge fan of Ubuntu and its derivatives. I’ve played with Pop! in VM and it isn’t bad, but I just am not a huge fan.

You can always install any os you like, im pretty sure Learnlinux.tv has installed every Linux distro known to man kind to his one point in time or another

True enough. Main reason I asked is I know the System 76 advantage is the driver repo’s to make everything work. I would probably have to do some digging to find the driver’s for non-ubuntu based distress.