Don't Upgrade to UniFi Controller 6.0.20!

3 Likes

I guess it’s just dumb luck that I didn’t experience any of the issues. I already upgraded 6 sites before I read about this…

1 Like

I see they just rolled 6.0.22 as a fix, not that I’ll be installing it anytime soon.

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Network-Controller-6-0-22/910ceffc-f0e9-4518-86c1-df5eeee34695

1 Like

I upgraded a couple of days ago - windows based controller - 4 sites - no issues.

1 Like

We’ve learned a lot about Unifi updates haha

Tom – I’ll just wait for your response on when its safe to upgrade. I love playing around with the networking items but when it has the opportunity to take down the wireless portion of my network I’ll pass. Thanks for the post.

2 Likes

Hello everybody. This is my first post on this forum :wink:

I already upgraded to 6.0.20 and then also to 6.0.22 without any problems.
Now there is even another upgrade 6.0.23 and at the same time i recieved “[Lawrence Systems Forums] Summary” mail with Tom’s video.

Since i am running Unifi controller in a Debian CT on my Proxmox server and have a backup of the latest 5 version and because of Tom’s video i am going back to Unifi 5 and postpone the upgrade to Unifi 6.

Great you guys tested the upgrade and share it with us.

Issues like this are exactly the reason I run my UniFi controller in a Debian VM (on a Synology NAS). If something goes wrong, I simply roll back to the snapshot I made before “upgrading.”

I was just about to upgrade when I saw Tom’s video. I see 6.0.22 is out. I think I will give it a few days before I upgrade.

It’s now the weekend is it safe to update yet? I do run in docker containers and have current backups but waiting to see others experiences with 6.0.22.