Don't Upgrade to UniFi Controller 6.0.20!

Latest video I have on this topic

It seems very soon UDMP users are going to be forced to the 6.0x branch when 1.82 or higher is released. Any feelings on that?

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ I donā€™t really have any thoughts on it because we never deploy them to clients.

2 Likes

Any news on 6.0.28?

Waiting to upgrade and donā€™t dare doing it but itā€™s been over 20 days since last releaseā€¦ Iā€™m thinking it could, maybe, be safe to do it.

Like Tom said in his latest video on the topic wait for version 6.1. Hopefully they will have ironed out all of their issues by then. I checked out their beta site for the 6.1 version and found that the version is not applicable for UDM or UDM Proā€¦ While this could be because UDM and UDM pro probably requires a firmware upgrade to be able to use the 6.1 version.

Also, I am not aware of any compelling features in the 6.0.X version that makes me want to upgrade. My upgrade priorities are Security, Stability and then features.

Totally agreeā€¦

Iā€™m running a hosted controller for some sites and didnā€™ t even start the testing.

I was just wondering if they did iron out the problems already and could give it a go on the testing scenarioā€¦ looks like theyā€™ve got a big mess on their handsā€¦

Thank yo both!

Since I run the controller in a docker image the manager of that image is holding off for 6.x that that use the ā€œlatestā€ tag:

@RonV42 ā€“ I love docker images and the controller software would be perfect for a docker image. Whats the source for you docker image?

Here is the image I use:

https://hub.docker.com/r/jacobalberty/unifi

This image works great and if you want to run it on say a Synology device here is a very good article:

I was there was a way to run multiple controllers in a HA setup. Not that its going to be getting too much traffic ā€“ just in case one on the hosts suddenly died ā€“ then you could have a hot spare. I suppose this type of setup isnt possible however.

You can run multiple controllers but based on my reading of these articles it takes a bit of configuration:

@RonV42 ā€“ Hey thanks for the link. I read through it. I was familiar with a lot of the steps but some were new. If and when I ever get time, Iā€™d like to hack this setup to actually work on two different docker instances. Iā€™d honestly create a docker swarm for the two databases to connect to keep those off the main network. This honestly sounds like a good project if and when since Iā€™m curious to implement something similar with a HA bitwarden setup with backend postgresql replication.

Projects like these are really fun, but the wife sure doesnā€™t appreciate the time spent that is required to setup and validate the configuation.

1 Like

Changes and Upgrading to UniFi Controller 6.0.36. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is this stable? We may have problem.

We are running it and have a few sites running it. Hostifi has over a thousand sites running it. So far it feels stable.

Thanks @LTS_Tom for latest video on this topic. I really appreciate you put about 3 videos together discussing this controller update. I took the plunge and updated after seeing latest video. I wasnā€™t close to having any edge cases so things seem to be OK. I really appreciate you being on top of this topic.

1 Like

The ā€œlatestā€ branch of the Jacobalberty docker container is now version 6.0.x as of posting this it is 6.0.36. I just took the leap this morning on my controller which is running as a container and so far so good.

6.0.41 is available now. Thoughts?

I upgraded to 6.0.41 and have not had any issues.