Zsh theme - command line

Hello, i watched : How To Generate Ed25519 SSH Keys, Install Them, and Configure Secure Passwordless Authentication - YouTube and noticed your cool command line theme. Is that something you are willing to share where i can find it ?

You can find it on my github, which is also linked in all the videos.

Hey,

thanks how do i add time and date to it :slight_smile:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t have the date in mine, you could try this:
http://bashrcgenerator.com/

Thanks you very much! :slight_smile:

Can i somehow change the $ to a #
bash

I love zsh but I’ve migrated to using it with Starship as my prompt.

You can add almost anything to your prompt. The image I’ve attached has the time, directory, git branch, npm project version and the version of node. It grabs all that from the current directory.

starship

Looks great, i have allmost a bash prompt i love, just need to change $ to # :slight_smile:

Hey again!

Just a quick help here, im trying to get the following :slight_smile:

1: user(lightgreen)@(red)hostname(lightgreen) what ever i try it dosnt work :frowning:

if [ "$color_prompt" = yes ]; then
   #prompt_color='\[\033[;32m\]'
    prompt_color='\[\033[;31m\]'
   #info_color='\[\033[1;34m\]'
    info_color='\[\033[38;5;82m\]'
    #prompt_symbol=📛
     prompt_symbol=@
    if [ "$EUID" -eq 0 ]; then # Change prompt colors for root user
        prompt_color='\[\033[;94m\]'
        info_color='\[\033[1;31m\]'
        #prompt_symbol=💀
         prompt_symbol=@
    fi
    # PS1=$prompt_color'┌───[\D{%d/%m-%Y} - \A]\[$(tput sgr0)\] - ${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)──}('$info_color'\u${prompt_symbol}\h'$prompt_color')-[\[\033[0;1m\]\w'$prompt_color']\n'$prompt_color'└─'$info_color'\$\[\033[0m\] '
    PS1=$prompt_color'┌───${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)──}['$info_color'\u${prompt_symbol}\h'$prompt_color']-[\[\033[0;1m\]\w'$prompt_color']\n'$prompt_color'└─'$info_color'#\[\033[0m\] '
    # BackTrack red prompt
    #PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h\[\033[00m\]:\[\033[01;34m\]\w\[\033[00m\]\$ '
else
    PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '
fi

Made it work :smiley:

Here is my PS1 line : PS1=$prompt_color'┌───${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)──}['$info_color'\u'${RED}''${prompt_symbol}''$info_color'\h'$prompt_color']-[\[\033[0;1m\]\w'$prompt_color']\n'$prompt_color'└─'$info_color'#\[\033[0m\] '