XOA from source

I just started testing XCP-NG out and my premium trial expired. So I followed the video and the guide How To Build XO From Sources on Debian 10 Using XenOrchestraInstallerUpdater. It appears to install normally without error on Alma Linux 9.1. I have an XOA quick deploy running but it will not allow me and says that it is upgraded to

• node: 18.12.1
  • npm: 8.19.2
  • xen-orchestra-upload-ova: 0.1.4
  • xo-server: 5.107.3
  • xo-server-telemetry: 0.5.0
  • xo-server-xoa: 0.17.1
  • xo-web-free: 5.108.0
  • xoa-cli: 0.33.0
  • xoa-updater: 0.45.1

I have 3 servers in my pool and each of them show that there are 37 missing patches. I thought with the XO from Source would automatically upgrade those hosts as well. If I am wrong please let me know. I have deleted and rebuilt my Alma Linux VM running from a baremetal install of TrueNAS 13 Core and worked through different issues during the install. The lastest set of instructions works flawlessly to do the install.

Yes, XO from sources will apply patches to XCP-NG hosts, not clear on your other questions.

I have never had XO from source automatically apply patches to the hosts, the patches often require a reboot which involves moving VMs around to other hosts, etc. So for me it has always been a manually triggered event, which then can often proceed by itself to move VMs and reboot hosts.

Thanks for the help. I did figure out what happened. Of course it was just operator error, I have a XOQD (Quick Deploy) (running the free version) and a separate install for XOS (Source). I screwed up my IPs and was connecting to the wrong one. Once I connected to the install XOS I was able to go to each Host and install all necessary patches from from the web interface.