Wireguard up and running -- only allows external access?

I have Wireguard setup, was able to access it and use it to browse to a website. I went to IPChicken.com and verified that I was actually connected via my HOME IP ADDRESS even though I was on my cell phone with WiFi turned off.

The ability to browse the internet safely while on some hotel’s WiFi will be useful OCCASIONALLY as I don’t do that often. The primary reason for wanting a VPN is that I have devices in my home that I want to access while I’m out of the house and I want to do so via VPN: Home Assistant, I’m planning to setup a NextCloud Server soon etc.

To that end, I saved the profile I created in the Wireguard Android app as Home_VPN_Full, exported it to a separate file, then renamed the profile as Home_VPN_Split. Then I imported the file I just created. Now I have two profiles: Home_VPN_Full and Home_VPN_Split.

I added a firewall rule to give wireguard connected clients access to my IoT network (where the devices to which I want to connect live). Regardless of which WG profile I use, I can’t access Home Assistant which is in the IoT network.

Here are screenshots of the two profiles.

I think I got it working. I need to do some more testing tomorrow to confirm. It’s time for bed now.