Windows not seeing data partition after kubuntu reinstall

Greetings!

So i have a laptop that has a nvme and a sata ssd in it. Windows is on the nvme and has a data partition on the sata ssd (half of the ssd. The other half of the ssd is occupied by an encrypted kubuntu install (not the usual one, grub straight away asks for password). I managed to bork kubuntu and had to reinstall. Since then windows is refusing to see the data partition(plus the encrypted kubuntu partition, disk0):

The installed kbuntu on the other hand can boot and se that partition:

Since kde partition manager didnt complain i assume the drive is not corrupted, so why windows cant see the partitions?

Can Windows read ext4? Windows Operating Systems don’t support the Linux file system, including EXT4. As a result, Windows cannot directly read or detect an EXT4 partition or device

If it were that simple i wouldnt be here :wink: . If you take a look at the 2nd screenshot sda4 is NTFS, but on the 1st screenshot there is a gaping unallocated space where the linux and ntfs data partition shpuld be.

Can diskpart in windows see the partition?

No:

I would backup and recreate it, then restore your data. Doesn’t seem like something worth troubleshooting down to the bits.

According to the kubuntu screen, you have 5 primary partitions. How did you do that?

From kubuntu, paste output of lsblk

If you use GUID partition table (gpt for short) you can have more than 4 primary partitions…

/edit

NAME                   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINTS
sda                      8:0    0 931,5G  0 disk  
├─sda1                   8:1    0     4G  0 part  
│ └─LUKS_BOOT          253:3    0     4G  0 crypt /boot
├─sda2                   8:2    0     2M  0 part  
├─sda3                   8:3    0     1G  0 part  
├─sda4                   8:4    0 418,4G  0 part  
└─sda5                   8:5    0 508,1G  0 part  
  └─sda5_crypt         253:0    0 508,1G  0 crypt 
    ├─vgkubuntu-swap_1 253:1    0     4G  0 lvm   [SWAP]
    └─vgkubuntu-root   253:2    0 504,1G  0 lvm   /
nvme0n1                259:0    0 232,9G  0 disk  
├─nvme0n1p1            259:1    0   100M  0 part  /boot/efi
├─nvme0n1p2            259:2    0    16M  0 part  
├─nvme0n1p3            259:3    0 232,3G  0 part  
└─nvme0n1p4            259:4    0   517M  0 part  

I took a 60GB ssd and formatted gpt, then created 5 partitions as seen here (fat, ext4, ntfs, ext4, swap)

took the ssd to win10, Disk Management, it seems it can see all partitions (Disk 1)

Maybe there is an issue with encrypted or lvm.

Well one would think if there was i would see some kind of error or something, or at least a warning in kde partition manager…