Windows LTSC new version date?

Anyone get any info. on when Windows LTSC will be updated? I need to refresh all my workstations and want to use the latest image in the LTSC product line, I also have some software that I want to install that “won’t” run on 1809. The last I read the latest Long Term was going to be out this Spring (2021) but no updates on this yet. If anyone has better info, I’d appreciate it.

Also last I read it was going to be based on the October/November (20h???) release but that might have changed too.

What are we announcing today?

Today we are announcing that the next version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC will be released in the second half (H2) of calendar year 2021. Windows 10 Client LTSC will change to a 5-year lifecycle, aligning with the changes to the next perpetual version of Office. This change addresses the needs of the same regulated and restricted scenarios and devices. Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC is maintaining the 10-year support lifecycle; this change is only being announced for Office LTSC and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. You can read more about the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC announcement on the Windows IoT blog.

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/the-next-windows-10-long-term-servicing-channel-ltsc-release/ba-p/2147232

Looks like the LTSC is now a 5 year supported version instead of the older 10 years

Thanks for the info.

Office LTSC sounds promising too. The 5 year lifecycle is fine, by then many applications will have advanced to the newer features in Home/Pro/Enterprise anyway. And it looks like they have pushed it out a few more months, last I’d read was that a March or maybe April release was the schedule. I was just hoping I would have some time to get my images prepared and roll them out in the first part of Summer. Might have to wait now.