we deployed 80 UAP-HD here on site and facing a really weird issue. We contacted the UniFi support which seems to be uninterested at best in helping. So I’m reaching out here, since I hope - through the widespread use of UniFi products in your customer base - you might be able to give me a pointer where to look.
We had a professional site survey done which resulted in placement and channel/power selection of 80 UAP HD UniFi AP. We run successfully a scaled up version of the controller so it is not freaking out over the number of APs. We configured it with 802.1x and WPA Enterprise and everthing worked out so far until we started seeing weird issues with disconnecting clients which are as follows:
- out of the blue all clients on a specific AP (not always the same one) suddenly loose IP connection
- it affects all clients across all SSID at once but only on the AP which shows the problem just then
- you can see about 10 pings dropping before communication suddenly resumes
- this happens infrequently and if it happens it happens a few times within about 15 minutes
- 99% of the clients are connected to 5GHz
What we already tried (with no effect whatsoever):
- installing a complete new controller with bare minimum configuration and putting four of the APs on that
- tweaking min RSSI and radio parameters (different channels, DFS, non DFS, etc)
- analyzing every log available - nothing is ever logged. The clients also dont seem to drop the wifi connection - they just dont receive any data anymore
- tcpdumps on athX, eth0 and using a wifi sniffer
- disabling affected APs - but didn’t do anything. The problem just appeared somethere else
- switching clients to 2.4GHz
- another partial site survey which confirmed that we have actually a good wifi signal strength (> -60) and good SNR
If anyone has any idea or any hint in which direction I would be very happy to try. I’m totally running out of ideas.