W10 Event Viewer Event ID: 19 error

Hi guys!
I’ve got a system built with a i5-4460 for some years now, I’ve formatted windows 10 and for 5 days now it reboots out of nowhere, on Event viewer it gives me this error

"A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Event ID: 19

I’ve upgraded the asus HB1M-R motherboard firmware to 3602 that has a fix for the 1. Update CPU Microcode 2. Improve system security and stability.

I’ve used the debloat script from ChrisTitus that disables the mitigation Spectre and Meltdown, and followed this workaround post.

Nothing makes the Event Viewer Event 19, WHEA-Logger go away, and I didn’t get a change to test another CPU from the same architecture.

Boot from an ubuntu ISO, do some stuff, work it a bit, see if it reboots.

If it does then you can be fairly sure it’s hardware so start by resetting bios to defaults then if that doesn’t work pull your cooler, and replace thermal paste.
If it doesn’t then it’s your Windows install, probably time for another re-install.

1 Like

Have you pulled the CPU and RAM, checked for clean contacts and bent pins on the CPU socket? I had a room full of Intel branded workstations that would bend the pins from vibration all the time. In all my years this was the first time I ever saw this type of failure. Thankfully we replaced those, I sent them to the scrap guy, we didn’t even auction them off they were so unreliable. Lots of RAM contact issues with them as well giving similar crashes and lockups.

Anyway, that’s my suggestion of things to check, because I’m guessing you have a real hardware issue.

Also to check is all the electrolytic capacitors on the board, anything with a top that looks like a dome could be an issue. They should all be relatively flat on top with a pattern pressed into the aluminum to break if the pressure gets to high. Normally these can be very difficult to fix as they are generally larger through hole devices, and the holes are way too small to pull the solder out to replace them (even with the right tools).

1 Like

Not sure how this relates to software & web applications, wrong forum topic?

1 Like

Sorry if I put it in the wrong topic, what topic refers to OSs problems?