VOIP recording options

Good afternoon,
I have VOIP.MS and would like to record SOME phone calls. Not ALL inbound or outbound calls.
I would/could if it was local, but I really don’t want to pay to record a phone call to/from my wife about our vacation. I just want to record calls for CYA reasons.

Is there an add on that I can add to VOIP.MS?
I’m looking for a one time purchase etc., not a monthly subscription.

I’m good with what VOIP.MS charges for the service, I just wish I could be a little more selective of when it records. I know it can do extensions, but that won’t really fix it for me either, unless I put a “record calls” phone on my desk and a “not recording” phone on my desk. But now that I think of it, that could work if nothing else is an option.

I’m thinking freepbx might be a solution, but never used it. Average calls are maybe 15,000 min. a year so if I remember the cost right, that would be $40 or so a year to record everything… not bad, just looking for options. Planning to be in business 20+ more years $800 so no need to recommend buying some $2,000 setup. Just trying to limit the replies to what I am looking for. All input is welcome too.
Thanks again!

Assuming that every caller has a caller ID, can you program exceptions so that wife’s phone never gets recorded, but all other callers will get recorded. With just about any business, recording calls can be important.

I did download and install freepbx recently, but that’s as far as I got. I have some old Cisco phones that I need to modify before I can play with it. I just need a simple point to point almost like an intercom.

1 Like