vLans, Mikrotik and unifi switches

pfSense, Wan is 10G, Lan is 10G to Mikrotik 9 port 10G. 5 1G switches plugged into 10G switch… Need 4 other networks thru vlans, 3 goto Unifi Ap’s. Mikrotik is set to SwOS.

Lan does not use vlans, but need to go out the 5 other switches.

How do i do 4 vlans going thru 7 ports of 10G, to allow all vlans going out to 5 switches ??

In SwOS, vlanS, create vlans, check igmp snooping, and under members, check each box/port for each vlan ?? and then all vlans with go out all 7 ports down to 5 other switches ??

Under the vlan tab, what do i check here ??
not sure at all about the column default vlan ID ?

The next 2 8 port unifi, 2 8 port netgear and 1 5 port netgear, i set vlan to each port ? Correct ?

I have not spent much time learning the SwOS yet so I am not much help on this topic.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SWOS/CSS326-VLAN-Example

To pass all vlans thru a unifi switch, do you send tagged, untagged or any , traffic thru all ports ?? and would vlan 1 be the default to send thru ports ?

In UniFi set the ports that you want to pass all the vlan traffic to “ALL” and they will pass it through.

Default vlan, would be vlan 1 ?

And that passes secure lan and vlans ?

So, in theory, Mikrotik should act the way unifi does ??

Can you do a video along these lines, with 9 port 10g switch feeding other switches with data and vlans on all ports ??

Yes, default VLAN would be one and all others would be passed along. I don’t do much with MikroTik so not sure how many videos I will be doing on the subject.

Ty for your help. Your videos gave me the confidence to try and pull this off.

Not to sound like an ass, netgears pretty popular with consumer products, and Mikrotik is gaining popularity with cheap 10G. Probably 1/2 your viewers are like me. Learning to get away from flat networks and your videos are the go to videos.
I’ve been looking for a few weeks for an actual answer on how to do this. The link you posted got me in the ballpark, but not a definitive answer. You just gave me the answer.
You’re the go to guy for help.

Is there a chance on a video about this without unifi swithes ? Please

It is easy with all UniFi, just adopt them all to the same controller and use the ALL setting for each port that connects to the UniFi switches together.

I have a variety of videos covering this topic https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTecknowledge/search?query=unifi+vlan

Yes with unifi its easy. Not all switches are as easy. But the Mikrotik is $300 less then the unifi xg 16.

Could you get into the Mikrotik SwOS and vlans going out to other switches ??

Yes, I cover that in the software part of this video on the MikroTik

In the video, at 10:00 min you started doing vlan 50 and vlan 1337.
Now under the VLANs tab, you checked every port for membership. On the vLan tab you set default vLan ID as vlan 50 on port 4, and vlan 1337 on port 5. Instead of plugging laptop into each port, plug in another switch on port 4 and on port 5.

In vLan tab, if you left default vlan ID as 1 on all ports, would both vlans carry to both switches ??

This is the video i’m asking you to do. Instead of laptop going into ports, plug in other switches and laptop plug into 1 of those switches.

Dont know if i explained all of it right. But off my 8 port switches, there will be 2 pc, a phone, a smart tv and a roku or amFireTV, all with different vlans. Definedd on each port, like your videos.

yes, leave default and the VLANs will carry over to the next switch.

Is this your first time working with vlans?

If so, you may want to watch this Ubiquiti VLAN video. It is a good “overview” of the vlan concept. But note the example they give at 0:42 is wrong, the middle host should connect to the upper switch.

vlans are just a way to share resources, like ports, wires and switches.

A vlan-aware switch, in addition to learning mac addresses, classifies each ethernet frame received as belonging to a single vlan. And then it treats each vlan as a separate lan, i.e. it only sends broadcast frames to other members of the vlan. It classifies the frames based on the IEEE 802.1Q tag, or it can classify untagged (aka standard) ethernet frames as belonging to a port specified vlan. Ubiquiti uses the term pvid (port vlan-id) to describe this, Cisco uses the term “native vlan” for the same thing.

Here are some more indepth videos about how switches and vlans work. These are part of the Network Fundamentals video series by Network Direction. I think it is a good series that covers networking basics that you need to know.
How Switching Works | Network Fundamentals Part 11
How VLANs Work | Network Fundamentals Part 12

And just a comment. Before starting a networking project, have a plan. Make a diagram. Document what vlan(s) each port will be a member of, and how each vlan will be handled (tagged or untagged).
The time you spend up front will pay off when doing the configuration, and you will minimize the troubleshooting time.

It doesn’t have to be a Visio diagram, but unless it’s just a lab setup, you probably want something better than this.

Yes, first time with vlans.

Unifi makes all this easyyyy. But i have a mixed config of unifi mikrotik and netgear.
Mikrotiks default vlan id pulldowns only have options for a vlan number, not the word all, which was throwing me off.

Thx for the links and all your help guys.