Video suggestion: Plex on Truenas Scale

Hi Tom@LTS,

I’m considering the switch to Truenas Scale form Core for my home NAS system in order to take advantage of expanded app offerings via charts. The main issue I’m running into which prohibits me from making a complete break from Core is the ability to access Plex remotely. I run a Plex server on Core within a manually configured jail (no plug-in) & have no issue reaching Plex over the internet / remotely. However, when attempting to run Plex on Scale (via charts app) I’m unable to get consistent remote access to my server. I believe the issue relates to how Scale docker/Kubernetes assigns internal IP address to each container (e.g. 172.x.x.x) vs. Truenas Core method using VNET where the Plex jail is on same subnet (e.g. 192.x.x.x) as the Core server itself. I have a made several attempts to configure rules on my pfSense firewall to enable consistent remote connection to Plex when running on scale with no success. At this point I’m almost ready to give up. It would be great if you would do a video on properly configuring Plex (& other docker apps) for remote access on Scale from behind a firewall.

Thanks!
Kevin

On my to do list, but it will be a while before I get to it because I have not taken the time to learn Docker or the way they are deploying docker.

Thanks for the response Tom! I’ll keep an eye out for a future video on this topic.