Small help please - about versions of the Xen Tools Management Agent installed on XCP-NG VMs running Ubuntu.
- Which version of Xen tools Management agent is the latest? (presumably 8.0.50-1 ??)
- Do I have a genuine copy of the guest tools ISO, shown at v8.2? Because its contents have versions of the packages at v7.20, eg xe-guest-utilities_7.20.0-9_amd64.deb
- Anywhere I can download the correct guest tools ISO.
I have XCP-NG running on a host at v8.2.0. The installation managed via Xen Orchestra - “compile it yourself” version on a VM.
I compared the setup of a number of VMs created with Ubuntu 20.04.
All of them are consistent in terms of:-
- Xen Orchestra general tab shows “Hardware virtualization with paravirtualization drivers enabled (PVHVM)”
- Relevant service is shown as active and running in response to
- sudo systemctl status xe-linux-distribution
However for these VMs the Management agent version is showing two different versions in Xen Orchestra General tab
- One of them, created a few months back is showing “Management agent v8.0.50-1 detected”
- While others, including one just created is showing “Management agent 7.20.0-9 detected”
From what I can see, I have latest ISO for these tools
- Filename: guest-tools-8.2.0-9.xcpng8.2.iso (located on my XCP-NG host at /opt/xensource/packages/iso)
- Filesize 15,204,352
- Last modified: 23-June-2021
Online info for the Linux PV tools - info only, cannot find anywhere to dowload the ISO from
- The source for the tools ISO is here:- GitHub - xcp-ng-rpms/xcp-ng-pv-tools: RPM sources for xcp-ng-pv-tools
- ISOs for XCP-NG itself are here, but does not seen to include the PV tools one - Index of /isos/8.2/
- This site (linked from an XCP-NG site) indicates I have latest https://koji.xcp-ng.org/buildinfo?buildID=2093