Using HAproxy for unifi controller

Good morning everyone,

I am interested in making a failover for my unifi controller in my home network. Recently, I have been keeping my servers powered off, however, my controller sits on one of the VMs on those servers. I would like to throw the controller on my pi, so when my servers are down the unifi controller can still run. Does anyone have any documentation or videos that explains this well? I didn’t find much with HAproxy and unifi controllers…

A device can only be adopted to a specific UniFi controller so it would not work. Additionally, how will traffic get routed without a router.

I’m not clear on what you’re asking.

• If you want high availability, Unifi Controller doesn’t have that built in on the application level. You would have to implement that on the hypervisor level.
  • If you want to move the controller from one machine to another, you can either backup individual sites and import them into a new controller or transfer the entire data directory.
  • If you want to use a reverse proxy in front of your Unifi controller, there might well be tailored tutorials on the internet, but there is nothing specific about it. It is setup just like any other website in the reverse proxy.
1 Like