UniFi Protect Offsite replica

Hi!

I’ve been looking for a way to backup the UniFi protect footage to an offsite… RAID will help if a drive goes bad… but water or fire are other very different animals…

Thanks!

There isn’t an obvious way that I can think of.

On the unifi video you could rsync the data off to another server indeed for several customers I do this with both their unifi and video servers.

Now I come to think about it maybe that will still work to some extent? Can you ssh onto a protect server? I guess it’s just a cut down linux of some description. If I get 5 I’ll give it a go on my cloudkey gen2+

I was thinking about that myself…

Putting a key on the NVR, and executing rsync, a cronjob or leaving a script daemon running and checking for changes.

Put I don’t have one to tinker with right now and don’t know if there are multiple video files (1 per event) or just 1 huge blob for each camera… and what would be the delay between the video being recorded and being transfered out.

If you can check it out, I would highly appreciate it.

You can SSH in and could probably use something such as rsync to offload the videos files somewhere else, but not sure how well that would work for restoring them. I am not clear on how the Protect system would re-index the data.

That is one of the many caveats I’m trying to surface and resolve…
If it doesn’t work out, I’ve allways got synology survailance station and replicate from there or shinobi and ZFS send…

I’m looking into alternatives… but would like the ease of plug and play and only worry about replication setup…