Unifi G3 Camera Long Term Outdoor Use

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with using the G3 cameras outdoors for 1 year or longer. I have been tasked with putting together a proposal for replacing the security cameras at an office which is about 1.5 miles from the beach. I want to use 10 G3 cameras, but was worried about the longevity of the cameras since my research only turned up one result which was not helpful.

In my current deployment of 1 G3 under a covered area but oudoors in hot and cold weather not directly touched by rain or snow its done well. I do believe Tom has had good luck but im sure one of the LTS guys will have more feedback on it.

I’ve had 4 of them under the eves of my house for about 2.5 years now. The cameras have seen weather from about 100’s F to -20’s F. They’ve gotten a little snow and rain on them, but they are mostly protected. I did have the IR filter thing fail on one of them, but that got replaced under warranty.

We have plenty of installs here in the Detroit area and they are working great. This is the Lawrence Systems parking lot

Thank you all so much for the responses. This makes me feel a lot better about using these cameras :slightly_smiling_face: