I recently purchased 5 UniFi Flex Mini switches, but I am having trouble adding them to the UniFi Controller.
- SonicWall Nsa3600 router
- UniFi APs (13)
- Ubiquiti switches
- Controller in AWS on Ubuntu (inform set to public, latest stable release)
If I connect the switch it gets an IP, I can ping it. But I can’t SSH into the switch. (Error: kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host)
I tried to
- Factory reset
- bring home and adapt to my home controller (works and I updated the firmware)
- use UniFi discovery tool (shows up, but I can’t set the inform address)
- check the traffic with Wireshark: we see only 255.255.255.255:1001
- verifying the necessary ports are okay on the controller VM
Packet capture from SonicWall:
A few months ago I was able to adopt a 16port-POE Light Unifi switch successfully. The switch can access the FQDN of the inform. But it is suspicious that we don’t see any other traffic other than the 255.255.255.255
Did anybody had the same issue?
Thank you for your answers!