UID & UDM Pro not cooperating

hello,

I have been having an issue with UID and the UDM Pro.

the UDM shows online with the door Access components showing online.

UID shows UDM Pro offline and even at times all items within UID shows offline, then it comes back online.

My setup is the UDM is hooked to a Netgate 7100. (WAN on UDM is connected to 7100 and port 1 is connected to 7100). Netgate shows online…I can access UDM from the unifi app, from the web, and I can access UID from the web.

I sent the logs to Unifi to help and here is a sample (they forwarded the logs to the dev team):

2022-05-04T18:45:05-04:00 WARNING transport:41 [CloudRestyClient] HttpTransport: send request failed, dial tcp: i/o timeout
2022-05-04T18:45:05-04:00 WARNING transport:41 [CloudRestyClient] HttpTransport: send request failed, dial tcp: i/o timeout
2022-05-04T18:45:05-04:00 WARNING access:187 [CloudAPI] PutDeviceStatus failed CODE_NETWORK_FAILURE: Network failure, please try again
2022-05-04T18:45:05-04:00 WARNING device_callbacks:469 [DeviceCallbacks] sendManagedDeviceStatusReport failed, ua_name-11659c15(dev_id-03999019) [10]ms online CODE_NETWORK_FAILURE: Network failure, please try again
2022-05-04T18:45:05-04:00 WARNING reporter:156 [DeviceReporter] SendManagedDeviceStatusReport failed CODE_NETWORK_FAILURE: Network failure, please try again

so it is showing to not connect.

the network version is the 7.1.61 and I “think” it may be related to when I upgraded from 7.0.25.

since I have the UID installed and running, is there a good way to “downgrade” and keep that UID up and running?

In case anyone is having an issue with pfSense and UDM Pro using UID for Door Access, I want to give an update as to why this was constantly going up and down (online and offline).

My setup was running from door hub to a UniFi Lite 16 Port switch with a POE injector since we have no switches with POE ++. From that switch it went to our main Unifi 24 Port Switch. From there I ran directly to our UDM Pro. Our pfSense is giving internet to the UniFi 24 port switch.

Our UDM Pro was hooked up like this: From port 8 on the pfSense (Netgate 7100) to the WAN port on the UDM Pro (main vLAN ID 1) to give internet to the UDM. On Port 7 on the pfSense I went to port 1 on the UDM Pro (which also gave the main vLAN id 1).

For the door access hub here is the setup: From the Hub to port 15 on the Unifi 16 port switch. From port 16 to the 24 port switch on port 23 and from port 24 to port 2 on the UDM Pro.

I setup a dark vlan on the switches just for the connection from the HUB to the UDM Pro (pfSense was not controlling the network but the UDM Pro was).

Now here is the interesting part. The interfaces on the UDM Pro showed the same subnet:

So, apparently the LAN and the WAN can not share the same subnet. And caused the UA hub and the UA Pro (hub and card reader) to go offline constantly.

…I had to reconfigure or figure out a way to rerun the connections.

so I setup pfSense to handle the LAN and setup the switches to only push that vLAN out . This way the WAN has the 120 and the LAN has the 70.

the whole time it was my configuration. Now everything is stable and working good with UniFi UID and the UDM Pro w/pfSense as the firewall.

Hope that makes sense to those who read it and may help anyone out there.