Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Gen2 NBE-5AC-Gen2-US 5GHz airMAX CPE with Dedicated Management Radio Bridge (2 Pack)

I work for a school distirct and with this COVID we are needing to expand network coverage to our football field under 1/5 mile away. I am told that the vendor of the video network that allow us to broadcast wants a dedicated ethernet hardline. My question is after watching your video on the NanoBeam AC Gen2 NBE-5AC-Gen2-US 5GHz airMAX CPE with Dedicated Management Radio Bridge (2 Pack) that the throughput it offers far greater than what would be needed for this type of dedicated usage. Heck, the throughput of the nanobeam bridge is equal to our dedicated internet connection for the entire district. Is there any reason you can think of that a hard wired connection would be absolutely necessary? I could set up two sets of these for far less than the cost of trenching or running overhead lines with switches.

Thanks so much

Maybe they are just asking for a place to plug into without any regard to how it’s transmitted. Just make sure there is a clear line of site (as confirmed through airLink) to both ends. The only problem I could think of is weather degrading throughput but at that distance it shouldn’t be a problem.

That was my thought too. Seeing how they only require 10 meg of bandwidth I would think that being only 1/5 of a mile with clear line of site, regardless of weather, would sustain more than enough bandwidth for their pupose. I think providing them with a hardwire connection from a switch would be more than sufficient. I am hoping to hear back from them via email. Thanks for you take on this. When I order the Nano it will be via your Amazon store! Thanks again.

10 Mbps should be very fine then. Making sure you are prioritizing it if there will be a lot of traffic during events. Also I am not Tom or affiliated with Lawrence Systems but I am glad to help.