Trying to Acces syncthing from LAN net to Open VPN conected device in pfsense

God vibes to all,

I have the situation with a client that the upload speed isn’t to good to work remotely in the live environment of the network I have them connected to VPN 24x7 trough OpenVPN and access the LAN services of the network with a couple folders map into the user session. There is a AD running on LAN and that single PC is add to the domain but when is connected trough VPN doesn’t see the domain but can see and access the NFS shares on LAN with proper user/pass. I have map into the VPN server tunnel the LAN network. The Idea behind is to use Syncthing to sync the folders the client needs to the VPN client PC and keep connections local withing the network and don’t publish Syncthing online the syncronization can be working on the background slow it while they are working locally on the data.

Probably is not the better scenario, but I open to listen to recommendations we have many experts here on the chat and I really appreciate it

OpenVPN net = 192.168.10.0/24
LAN net =10.10.10.0/24

192.168.10.0/24 ping and acces 10.10.10.0/24
but
10.10.10.0/24 don’t ping 192.168.10.0/24

Also want to shape the traffic a little bit just that PC can access just the NAS on the LAN witch is 10.10.10.5 and the OpenVPN connected PC is the 192.168.10.2

In this case Syncthing in OpenVPN client sees the Syncthing server in 10.10.10.5 but not viceversa.

Any help how to setup this matter in pfsense

If the client can reach the Syncthing device have it be system the initiates the connect which also makes sense because the client may restart their computer VS the server should be on all the time.

I do no get this.
The way I understand, is that I need to have the ST in each device that wants to be synchronize, but the the server will be the one that holds de folder in question and the client will be the one we want to get that information to synchronize.
Tell me if I’m wrong .

I think that my issue is that the computer connected from VPN to pfsense it can see the LAN net but the computer or NAS in LAN net can not see the computer connected trough VPN interface, I did config some rules in LAN interfaces to pass OpenVPN network and vice versa. I don’t know honestly if I did ok, because I can not still ping the computer on OpenVPN. Also in pfsense /interfaces I have an OPT1 interface that says ovpns but is not active; but if i go to pfsense/firewall/rules I see already a OpenVPN interface there, yesterday I activated the one on interface and block all the access to VPN I was need to go back and disable it. and I do not see any DHCP server for the OpenVPN interface.
I need to learn more of ruling honestly. I’m on it; but that has me pretty confuse

I think this is my issue
Thanks in advance

Yes, the server and the client both need to be running Syncthing. If the client can reach the server you can put in the client the servers IP formatted like thistcp://192.168.22.5:22000 and provided the client can reach the server as you said earlier that will work.

OpenVPN does not get a DHCP server, it hands out addresses via the OpenVPN setup setup as I have in my guide here:

Thanks Tom watch that video of you, help me to understand plus in syncthing i saw the ports and did what you just said and works perfect.
Thanks again