Truenas Scale Nextcloud Errors

Hey Folks

After years of pulling my hair out with Freenas & Truenas Core, I installed Truenas Scale on my Proprietary Hardware and It runs like a Dream!!

FQDN for NAS and Plugins - Check
Resolving to Address - Check

Gave up on HA Proxy for SSL, Just couldn’t work it out, So used the ACME DNS-Authenticators via Cloudflare API which worked straight away. Incidentally, that is how Truenas recommend your SSL settings.

Now the problem I am having with Nextcloud is, I can’t go into the Jail like in Core to edit the PHP file. The FQDN resolves to the internal IP so I need to edit that and resolve these warnings below.

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/caldav”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/carddav”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.
  • Your installation has no default phone region set. This is required to validate phone numbers in the profile settings without a country code. To allow numbers without a country code, please add “default_phone_region” with the respective ISO 3166-1 code :arrow_upper_right: of the region to your config file.
  • Module php-imagick in this instance has no SVG support. For better compatibility it is recommended to install it.

If somebody could be so kind as to advise me on what to do it would be appreciated.

Please, Provide the exact code to write as I’m not too good at that!.

Kindest regards

James

hey, hope im not to late.

for the phone related issue
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html

your looking for ‘default_phone_region’ => ‘GB’, (dont forge the comma, and to change GB with your country, the wiki link in the error has it, US for united states)

the cardav and caldav errors are handled in your proxy, not inside nextcloud (or truenas).

for me, i use haproxy in pfsense. go to the backend, make a new acl rule (under the nextcloud backend, not the frontend)

this link helped me, but the cliff notes part is

acl url_discovery path /.well-known/caldav /.well-known/carddav
http-request redirect location /remote.php/dav/ code 301 if url_discovery

under the gui it will look roughly like

acess control list
url_discovery (the acl name) path (i used path contains) /.well-known/caldav
url_discovery (the acl name) path (i used path contains) /.well-known/carddav

actions
url_discovery (acl name) http-request redirect Rule “location /remote.php/dav/ code 301” (minus the quotes)

i havnt solved the SVG support issue, but some googleing led me to believe its a issue with nextcloud app container itself. but it may be a minor issue that allegeadly will be solved on a update one of these days

im not sure how you mean you cant go in to the php files, but how i did was open the apps page in truenas scale, hit the 3 dot menu on nextcloud, hit shell. a popup will come up, click the correct pod, and on the bottom, instead of bin/sh i change it to bin/bash

you may have to do a command like “apt update && apt install nano”

but find the php file from there and edit. i didnt have to restart nextcloud, it just work when i saved and exited the nano. YMMV
i hope this helped