Truenas scale 24.04RC unable to sync truenas calalog

I have ordered a dedicated server at Hetzner for testing purposes.

I have installed Truenas scale 24.04RC on it. Everything works fine but initializing it for apps doesn’t work.

The task runs for a few minutes and reports an error:

Failed to sync TRUENAS catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone ‘GitHub - truenas/charts: TrueNAS SCALE Apps Catalogs & Charts’ repository at ‘/mnt/nazies/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master’ destination: [EFAULT] Failed to clone ‘GitHub - truenas/charts: TrueNAS SCALE Apps Catalogs & Charts’ repository at ‘/mnt/nazies/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master’ destination: Cloning into '/mnt/nazies/ix-…

Google doesn’t give a lot of answers but one of the suggestions was checking the motherboard time in bios. I changed that to the current time in my timezone.

Also I saw ntp was not working on my box. Fixed that.

Does anyboby encountered this as well. Saw this issue some time ago also on an older box.

If someone could point my at some log file will also be verry helpfull.

When you SSH into the system and ping sites does DNS work properly?

Yes forgot to mention:
Pings to google.com, GitHub.com are working fine.

I always login with user admin. When I try to touch a file in the ix applications dataset I get a permission denied. I think this is normal but is that correct?

You should be able to write a file in there. Permission denied implies you have not set the permissions on the smb share correctly. I installed scale-23.10.2 last week, had to play with perms to make it work.

IX-applications dataset is not a smb share.

It is a dataset where kubernetes will store its configuration.

I think the permissions are right because the dataset will be created by the wizard itself.

I’am able to write to the dataset with user root.

git clone https://github.com/truenas/charts.git (creates charts/)
touch charts/bob                                (I can write a file in charts)
rsync -av charts/ /home/user/scale              (mount point for scale)

In /etc/fstab
//scale/vol		/home/user/scale		cifs	guest,uid=user,gid=user,auto	0	0