Thinking off to start an new business

Hey everyone, me and my friends are thinking of starting a new IT maintenance business. Here we will be targeting small business with small setups. Here our idea is to provide the technical support to the firms both by software and hardware up to our knowledge.

Now there are few things which I want to ask;

What kind of software do we use for remote support?
Which open source billing software will be fine for us ?
I had a plan to make website and a office 365 for emails

For licensing and all I will consult a lawyer , but is there anything else which I can keep in mind while setting up this new startup.

Are there any other software which we will require or certification ??

Thanks in advance!!

Note : We all are IT students studying in college but we all are just trying to get into the market to learn things and earn some money and name.

1. What kind of software do we use for remote support? We use ScreenConnect / Connectwise Control
  2. Which open source billing software will be fine for us? We use InvoiceNinja

There might be certain laws in your area you have to comply with, city, state, federal tax codes and filings that will be best done via a business focused accounting firm to filings. Once all that is done make sure you have an inbound lead process & sales plan to get the business.

1 Like

For remote desktop is there anything cheap options available for us ??
I know its must but I am trying to go towards open source in initial stage which will help us in investing more money towards advertise and sales…

For invoice definitely, I will use InvoiceNinja.

I start with thinking about what’s been validated as secure which rules out most of the free and open source ones.

For remote software you can look at Action1 or Ninja one.