Syncthing issues on Freenas

Hope someone can help me out. Very new to Freenas and just built out of a trash machine to really get to understand how it works due to losing our East coast tech person that we found out build a Freenas box for the office there. Being here in the Mid-West I am not willing to mess with a production machine until I know what I am doing.

So after building this box and using 4x4TB drives all that is fine. I decided to install the Syncthing Plugin just to keep myself using it. I use Syncthing on my Synology NAS and computers so very familiar with it.

On the freenas box after watching videos and all that to get the permissions correct and setup I feel that is all good and have added data 300G of data to get going on the system. Syncthing when using the auto discover never finds any of the computers I tell it to find and same for the other computers never get the go from the freenas box. I gave it a direct IP using tcp://10.x.x.x:22000 and it does find the machines then but always with a certificate issue.

I have reinstalled the plug in a few times and not sure where the issue is at here. I have no issues with any of my other systems talking to each other or my Synology NAS. Thoughts?

Version: FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1
2020-08-18 20:28:42: Bad certificate from Holly at 172.16.0.2:32725-10.1.1.139:22000/tcp-client/TLS1.3-TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256: x509: certificate relies on legacy Common Name field, use SANs or temporarily enable Common Name matching with GODEBUG=x509ignoreCN=0

Figured this out… Version 1.8 has a cert bug in it… So murphy’s law hits me on something new. But learned alot here. :slight_smile: