Supermicro iKVM not working when using HAProxy

I have a X10SLH-F board which supports HTML5 based iKVM. When I use the DHCP reserved IP address to access the IPMI, the iKVM works as expected.

I also have an Opnsense router and I have set up SSL offloading on HAProxy and am using HTTPS for all my internal sites via a Lets Encrypt wildcard cert. When I use x10slh.mydomain.com, I can access the IPMI page, and also do remote starts, bios updates etc. However when I try to launch iKVM, it always fails with the error

Server disconnected (code 1006)

Searching for the error only indicated that the iKVM needs to be reset or re-installed which I have already done but none of it has helped. I feel that this is more of a firewall issue. Would anyone be able to point out what firewall rules or HAProxy conditions/rules need to be setup in order to get this working?

Thanks

Unless someone can confirm otherwise, I believe the HTML5 iKVM uses the same ports/methods for actually connecting to the KVM functionality as the Java client - TCP/5900 aka the common port for VNC (not really a surprise because VNC is an well known open protocol, they just extended it a bit with some extra functions). You can see this on https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/IPMI_Users_Guide.pdf Page 3-1 (155 of 195 in the PDF).

Therefore my next step would be to search whether HAProxy can work with VNC. I’ll leave that step to you.

I’m stuck on this, too.

I confirmed that HAProxy works fine with KVM on newer versions of the Supermicro HTML5 iKVM. I have a few servers that use an older version, and I can’t figure out how to get this to work.

I tried adding this to my front end, but it didn’t do anything. I’d appreciate any help here. :pray:t4: