2nd post here. We have been with Solarwinds RMM now for about 6 months. The interface is great, prices leaves a lot to be desired and the unexpected 4% increase, which I still haven’t gotten an email about, is another elephant in the room. I know Tom spoke about this and how it is justified to keep moving forward. We can easily push in the cost to a customer contract. That is almost nothing. Costs go up every year. The two issues I have with the price increase:
- Its 4%, last increase I saw with anything cloud/software based was 2%.
- Its in 2 months. Not gonna like, we have a minimum of 1 year contracts. None of those contracts end or are up for renewal in March for us. So we will have to eat that cost until renewal.
Here are the issues that I have had with Solarwinds:
- Patch Management is broken at best. We have manually fixed most of the machines by re-installing it. But, support stated it is a bug they are working to fix. What happens is Windows devices check for updates and bypass our patch filtering. So updates are being installed that we haven’t approved. We had a 20% fail issue that is due to corrupt Windows updates. These are the updates that even Microsoft states can break a system.
- Billing/Invoices: We are on NET30 terms with Solarwinds, which is great. But, its now January. We don’t see any payments posted to any invoices since August. As an FYI, for now we pay by Credit Card, so the payment comes out immediately. We need receipts for these payments for tax purposes. Other people have similar issues from what I can see on Reddit and Groups on Facebook.
- Account Rep: My account rep…well, he is pretty much the worst rep I have seen from any company we have ever dealt with, even outside MSP/RMM software. Literally, the one and only time he contacted me was to sign a contract so I could lock in a price. He isn’t like my other reps from other companies that we used, who contact me religiously at least once a week. I’m okay with once a week, because its usually not for sales, just to check in on us.
- Roadmap: Still haven’t seen a good, solid, justified roadmap from Solarwinds.
- Integrations/Site issues: So, we have issues in the past 2 months with the website/dashboard breaking. It will take us to pages that don’t exist on the gfi side of things. Kind of odd considering that merger happened a long time ago.
- MAV/Bitdefender integration: I’m pretty sure on initial on-boardings and installs for our customers, there is less than 20% chance that the installer for bitdefender/MAV will succeed and install properly. We usually have to go back in a day or two, remove and re-add the feature, then retry the install. That usually fixes the issue.
Other than that, the remote control, reporting, monitoring, dashboard, and backups have been amazing. What, if any issues, have anyone had? What do you like about this platform?