Solar Winds or Connectwise

Not sure if this is a Windows vs Linux or Vim vs Emacs question or not but…

I am in the last stages of working out which RMM tool I want to use and am down to the fairly obvious two contenders of SolarWinds and Connectwise. Both seem to do everything I need and are priced very similarly so I thought I would ask if anyone who uses either has any serious Pro’s or Con’s that I should consider.

I know Tom uses SolarWinds so I guess that gives it a bit of a +. I understand that nothing will be perfect and that there will be people that will “NEVER USE XXX EVER AGAIN” but looking for constructive comments if anyone has any.

Gareth.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat and would love to hear people’s opinions from this forum since I hold those opinions in higher esteem than most other communities. However, if nothing else, you can check the MSP sub Reddit and the RMM Comparison sub Reddit

Also, here’s a Comparison chart as well.

I’m now well over 6 months into SW / NAble and generally I find that it works well.

I’ve had issues, some things don’t really quite make sense, the pricing I really struggle with(*) but what it does, it seems to do well. I have all my computers showing up with remote access, daily monitoring and reporting, scripted tasks to fix some issues.

I will however be checking out the competition in another 3 months or so.

(* There are lots of things that are just there, in the console, that you can turn on that, without any warning, then make additional charges apply… The worst “mistake” I made so far was enabling backup on 3 servers to see how it worked and then getting £150 of charges on my next bill. I complained and got the charges refunded so not the end of the world)

1 Like

Solarwinds, all the way :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

As always,
Env1s10n