So finally decided to migrate from Truenas core to scale

Performance seems to be improved but I can not get apps to run because it tosses a Kubernetis error.

Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: Command ‘(‘mount’, ‘-t’, ‘zfs’, ‘MegaTank/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet’, ‘/var/lib/kubelet’)’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

Reading about this and googling it seems people had varying succes by deleting the IX-applications dataset, unsetting the pool and reassinging it…

No luck.

Error: [EINVAL] kubernetes_update.force: Apps have been partially initialized on ‘MegaTank’ pool but it is missing ‘MegaTank/ix-applications/k3s, MegaTank/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet, MegaTank/ix-applications/releases, MegaTank/ix-applications/default_volumes, MegaTank/ix-applications/catalogs’ datasets. Specify force to override this and let system re-initialize applications.

Lol… it says… “Specify force to override this and let system re-initialize applications.”

There is no force option as it is just an error message…

Anyone else come accros this problem and found a way to solve it?

As you have migrated to Scale, I believed you have to rebuild all your applications as Scale uses Kubernetis

What applications are you running ?

Not running anything (yet) as I was only using Truenas core for its core function…

Well I’m just going to put a clean install in my boot bool and import settings from there… That should work.

Well after a clean install, deleting the ix- dataset again, reboot… finally seems to be working…

1 Like

Well except for the fact that while moving from truenas core to truenas scale I seem to have lost ALL of my snapshots… And the strange thing is, deleting a whole of data from one of my pools doesn’t seem to reclaim the space freed…