Site-to-Site Design

Here’s what I have; two sites are being connected via a wireless bridge using Ubiquiti equipment. I have it setup currently with the second site being in the same subnet as the first site. I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to networking but I am stumped on how I need to configure this to separate the two sites into different networks; having a router at each site. Only one site has router to the internet, but I still need to route on the LAN at the second site when the link goes down (not relying on the router at site 1 for default gateway). Simply I need to connect two router using the wireless bridge. I hope this gives you an understanding and I would appreciate any input. I think I’m more confused on the addressing.

Thanks,
Tony

Can you post a network map for clarity?

Below is my quick sketch of what I’m trying to accomplish. Simply, I need these two sites to be on separate networks, with Site 1 still being reachable from Site 2; and Site 2 getting its internet route from Site 1. Please ask for clarity if needed. I appreciate the help.

check this out

1 Like

It could work if you go Internet -> router -> (subnet A) site to site -> router = (Subnet B) -> devices

1 Like

Thank you both for your generous input and assistance. This should point me in the direction I need to go with purchasing the additional equipment and configuring.

Tony