Setup Unifi at 2 sites

I don’t have a lot of experience with Unifi and I have a question about setting up a second site. If I’m not worried about remote management or monitoring statistics, what’s my best option to set this up? Is it possible to run the controller software on a laptop and setup everything? Then when I remove the laptop, everything will keep running right? If I use the same Unifi account as the first site, will that cause any issues or do I need to create a 2nd Unifi account for the second site?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yes, you can install Unifi on your laptop and create two sites for each location within the unifi controller. When you close down the program , the devices will still keep running without any stats.

If possible create a virtual machine, and install the debian version. UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi Let’s Encrypt | UniFi Easy Encrypt | Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/18.10/19.04/19.10/20.04/20.10/21.04/21.10/22.04 | Debian 8/9/10/11/12 | Ubiquiti Community

Download location for the software Ubiquiti - Downloads

Search youtube, many videos in setting Unifi controll up - example How To: Setting up Your Own Self Hosted Multi Site UniFi Controller & Deploying Remote AP Units - YouTube

Older video , but the same actions - Setting up Your Own Self Hosted Multi Site UniFi Controller & Deploying Remote UniFi AP Units - YouTube

If you purchase Unifi deam machine router, software is installed.

You could off course purchase Unifi Gen2 key or Cloud Key Gen2 Plus which has the controller software installed.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll try this in a few days when I’m at the 2nd location.