Router choose and info

Hello I am very new to networking and know very little about it I am looking to know what do you guys think is the best router/hub for £300 in a house situation I was looking at the ubiquiti dream machine and then i found this ( Usage Data. As described in this section, we may automatically collect information when you use the Services (“Usage Data”). The Usage Data that we collect may include information such as your device data, including your mobile devices, sensor data, device signals, device parameters, device identifiers that may uniquely identify your devices, including your mobile device, web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your devices or browser. IN ADDITION, WE MAY AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT LOCATION INFORMATION (INCLUDING LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE), PERFORMANCE DATA, MOTION DATA, TEMPERATURE DATA, POWER USAGE DATA, AND ANY DATA OR SIGNALS COLLECTED BY THE DEVICES AS PART OF THE USAGE DATA. WE DO NOT COLLECT THE CONTENTS OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS THAT PASS THROUGH OUR DEVICES OR SERVICES. ) I wasn’t happy is this normal thing companies do ?

i have a 300 Mb download and 50 Mb upload is there any router/hub out there you think i should look at for around 300pound ? thank you for all replays

If you want a router that does not have some rules about how they will track you, then go with pfsense.

I believe they collect the data from the mobile app, rather than the router itself.
You don’t have to have the app installed after the initial setup.

Asus have good routers when flashed with Merlin firmware, I used them for a good while, it would be a good choice.

Though i moved from them as you had to agree to share data if you wanted to have any of their charting.

I setup pfsense, took me a while, be prepared to put in the hours if you go down that route and are new to networking.

Thank you for the reply i would love to go pfsense but i fear i do not have the skill to setup it up :frowning: