Replacing USG with Netgate/pfSense

Hello, I have a question about the cooperation between pfSense and the Unifi network.

I have the following configuration on my home network:

• Unifi USG 3P
  • UniFi-CloudKey-Gen2-Plus
  • two Unifi switches
  • four Unifi AP’s
  • four Unifi cameras

I’m going to replace USG with a Netgate 4200 device. I am a complete beginner with pfSense and I would like to know before purchasing the device what all the firewall settings need to be done so that I can use the Unifi Network app to access the Unifi network and the Unifi Protect app to view my cameras from outside my home? What kind of port openings must be made and other needed settings? Could an expert kindly shed some light on this matter for me, please.

As far as I am aware all the connection parts are going to be through your cloud key. I don’t think you need to open any ports for that if you are using cloud access. Same goes if you are on the local network.

That would be excellent news. I know that I will have a lot to learn with pfSense, so if the basics, e.g. the accessibility of surveillance cameras without much effort, will be possible easily, then I can focus on learning and managing everything else. Thanks!