Remote management with DWService.net

I’ve been using this service for about 2 years now and have not seen anyone else on here mention it. I’m not affiliated with the project in anyway other than just a user of their service. It’s a free remote management service that uses Agents to connect clients to a web portal from which you can connect to remotely, open remote terminal, see operating statistics, etc. It offers paid tiers for speed increases to and from Agents but is completely useful using the free version. They have clients for all major OS’s and they are easy to setup on client machines. This is just and FYI in case anyone is looking for something to handle remote management for multiple clients/customers. URL: dwservice.net

4 Likes

That looks interesting, don’t really have a need for it unless I dust off my chromebook. Remmina works well for me to RDP or SSH into a machine.

This is aimed at remote management for MSP’s to connect to machines over the internet without using a VPN or modifying firewalls.

Thanks @azteck2 looks interesting.

Interesting will check it out and eval. I am a bit old school, VPN, SSH, NoMachine and VNC both with SSH. Have avoided the RMM tools and was happy I did considering recent events. Did not really require them anyway since I don’t deal with Windows desktops and apps just connect to servers and storage.

What an awesome tool. Found this today and am so impressed I have subscribed mainly to support the project. The free tier speed is fine. I suppose the paid will be even better!

@azteck2, do you know how to make it work at a login screen? Seems to only run as a user agent.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Sean

I just log out as the current user and it lets me login as anyone on the computer/domain.

I think the security of a free service needs to be carefully thought about. Would I install agents on my company’s endpoints? No! Not until I know more. The agent is implemented in Python, and it is available to look at on their github page.

They do say (on their security page) they use SSL certificates to encrypt communication between agent and the session on their portal (secure web browser) - but is it the same certificate for every user? Its unclear.

Login MFA is possible with TOTP codes, but not with a provider like DUO or AAD. What would you expect for free?

They do say they intend in future to allow self-hosting, access logging and custom certificates - at which time I will be more interested. Until then, I will keep going with commercial RMM tools.