Redundant NFS for XCP

We are looking for the best option for shared storage when using XCP-ng. We have lots of experience with iSCSI connections to VMware hosts. We think that our best option is to use NFS. However, we need a way to get a redundant NFS share that takes advantage of our existing SANs. Is there a way to build an NFS system that is truly redundant and can provide a front end to our iSCSI back end?

I am a little confused on your question. Are you going to be using NFS or iscsi for your storage repository? What do you mean by NFS front end to iscsi back end?

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer in my question. We have an existing SAN that only presents the data as iSCSI. However, the better option for XCP-ng would be to use NFS. So, what we are looking for is a solution that will let us continue to use the iSCSI SAN, but present it to XCP as NFS. So, our goal is to use some kind of technology the inserts a redundant set of systems that “translate” the iSCSI into NFS. What we are considering is maybe a windows cluster that presents NFS shares. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

I think I understand now. I wouldn’t recommend windows for nfs and I would do this with linux. You should be able to setup a highly available nfs setup using this.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HighlyAvailableNFS

You can probably skip the bonding of NICs if that doesn’t fit in your environment.

Thank you. We will certainly give this a try.