Recommended setup for viewing IP camera feeds across multiple monitors

As the title says, what would be the recommended way to setup IP camera feeds across several monitors in different locations in a building?

These monitors would need different views. I could run VGA & HDMI from the NVR, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution that gives me more control over each view.

I was thinking of using one of those PC sticks with some RTSP streaming software, but I don’t know how well that would run.

Don’t think it’s so elegant but with VLC you can stream RTSP feeds fairly easily. It’s free so you can at least try it out.

I’ve setup and played with this setup on a pi-zero and it does work, but will take some configuring:

I looked into VLC, but it doesn’t give me the option of splitting the window into multiple views. It really would only be ideal for viewing a single camera at a time. Does anyone have any idea why there isn’t more software available that can do this? Is it that difficult to display RTSP streams?

I’ll try this out in a Linux VM to see how well it works before doing it in a Raspberry Pi. I was looking into https://github.com/SvenVD/rpisurv, but I read that it does not work well with non-Unifi cameras. I’m using Hiksvision cameras.