Power Conditioner RF/EMF filter

Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendations for a good power conditioner for my network rack. I’m pretty sure I am suffering network disruptions as a result of dirty power and rf/emf interference from office lights and microwave. Not looking to spend a fortune, but have been reading mixed reviews about some of the available choices on amazon. Was also looking at the ferrite cores that snap onto the power cables. I see mixed reviews on those as well. Thanks

Joel

1 Like

@jxlong0d
Dirty power is always an issue in older buildings. Some suggestions: 1 Make sure there are no ground loops. Network devices use ground as a reference. Voltage between safety ground and neutral should be zero. 2 Check voltage at full load. Is the circuit have the ampasity (the ability of conductor to carry current at voltage) to deliver proper power. 3 Search APC and Emmerson web sites for more information and products. They both make power conditioners. Another resource is ZeroSurge. $ most modern power supplies in systems do filtering well but require proper voltage to function correctly.

1 Like

If you are just looking to make sure you have clean and regulated power for standard every day usage and not running sensitive power amplifiers etc., you would be better off buying an inexpensive ups instead of a power conditioner. If the load is not mission critical no need to spend APC money either, something from a company like CyberPower would get the job done just fine.

1 Like