pfSense + WAN uplink not detected on igb0 (i350-t4 quad NIC card)

Hello!
I am building a pfSense box for my home lab. I’ve successfully installed pfSense, assigned WAN to the onboard lan port, and assigned LAN to igb0 of the quad port NIC. Pretty typical install, and this is the setup I intend to keep.

Just for the heck of it, I manually assigned WAN to igb0, and LAN to igb1, but no up link was detected on igb0. Any idea why the WAN uplink can’t be detected on igb0?

Yes, I am a newbie tech enthusiast, so I am sure I am doing something wrong. Do I need to disable the onboard lan in order for this to work?

I would appreciate any advice you can throw my way. Have a great weekend.

Thank you!

Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
CPU: Xeon E3-1260L
NIC:Dell intel I350-T4 THGMP

Does LAN work when set to IGB0?

Yes, LAN is currently on igb0 (quad port nic). WAN is on em0 (motherboard integrated network jack). This is how I intent to keep it, I am just curious why I am not able to assign WAN to one of the ports of the quad port nic.

Correction…I am able to manually assign WAN to igb0 and LAN to igb1, but for some reason there is no uplink detected on WAN (igb0) when setup this way. I am going to give it another try and report back.

Update:
Performed a fresh install, assigned interfaces WAN to igb0 and LAN to igb1. Connected modem directly to igb0 but was not able to get an public address on WAN. Could the issue be a Bios setting?

Also, I would like to disclose I had to mask two pins on the i350-t4 in order for it to get the pc to boot. Pin masked are B5 and B6. See link below.