Pfsense vpn with wireguard and mikrotik

HI. I would have to create VPN connections from one central office to 20 remote offices and then control network equipment such as an IP intercom, web server and IP camera in each office.
On each remote office I would like to install a mikrotik routerboard that can be connected via wireguard to the central office where I have a server with pfsense 2.7.2

With Wireguard I believe there is no possibility of managing VPN access based on users since the system works with public keys that are created during the configuration phase.
I would like to understand if I can interface the creation of peers with the user base I have in a domain controller.

Thank you
Andrea

Wireguard doesn’t offer this in the way that, say, OpenVPN does. It is a much more light-weight software with a narrower scope. It focuses on establishing connections and routing traffic between peers that mutually authenticate using public key cryptography. Key management and distribution is not in the scope of Wireguard.

So you would have to use a separate software solution for the purpose of managing keys for users in your database. I don’t know whether these are readily available or whether you’d have to build your own. The university I went to switched to Wireguard a while back and they have an integration like this, so it’s definitely possible at scale.

Hi Paolo.
Thanks for your replay.
For my project I think that the best solution is openvpn and some static rules for the vpn client.

Andrea