PFsense Traffic Shaping Wizard

Watching tons of videos on the youTube channel has convinced me to try traffic shaping again. I have moved from off the shelf “routers” to pfsense following some of your tutorials and so far its amazing! I am so impressed that I sold my go to router.

My current build (way over powered I know but i already had the equipment):
R610 single xeon cpu
8GB eec ram
Dell HM9JY Quad Port Pro/1000 ET

My first attempt with PFsense to configure traffic shaping ended shortly with an error message.
The specified number of connections is greater than the number of ALTQ-capable assigned interfaces!

I upgraded from the embeded nic (broadcom) and installed the nic listed above (taking Tom’s lead on one of his videos) and disabled the embeded nic in the system BIOS. Booted up and tried again. Low and behold…
The specified number of connections is greater than the number of ALTQ-capable assigned interfaces!

Google searching led me to installing some drivers in the OS but honestly seems a little scary now that i don’t have a backup router…
What am I doing wrong?

What version of pfsense are you running?

I am currently running 2.4.5 Release P1

Are you using “Multiple Lan/Wan” for the wizard and under “Interface & Scheduler” have you tried different options?

I’m only using one lan one wan.
I can’t locate the “interface & scheduler” section. Under firewall > schedules, I have nothing listed.
Will running an Openvpn service disallow what I am trying to do? Besides that and dns resolver, I should be stock configured.

Not a problem I have encountered before, try the pfsense forums where there is already a thread about this: