Pfsense NGFW Sophos Network Security

As a small MSP myself, for the last few years I have been using Sophos firewalls and endpoint software. Of course the FW provides the network security: Web Filtering, Content Filtering, IPS, etc. At the time I got involed with Sophos, the big sell for me was the Synchronized Security between the FW & Endpoint. And my experience has been that Sophos does an excellent job. But the landscape has change with mobile and working from home etc, protection need to be untied from the FW hardware. (just watched Toms latest on Zorus,which kind of provides an example of what I am saying here).

So what I am asking here is should I consider pfSense, which to my understanding is FW only, and I would have to add security constructs (again such as Zorus, Todyl, etc). What would be considered as a comprehensive FW, Endpoint, and Web protection package. I see other products such as Untangle, etc. I don’t want to have to deal with 10 products to protect the business network, internal users and mobile users.

Much appreciated
Lonnie

We use lots of pfsense and find it works well for most situations. Our current standard stack for managed clients is NinjaOne RMM, Zorus, SentinelOne & Huntress. For some clients that need SIEM we use Blumira.

1 Like

Tom. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to look into some of those products a bit closer. Maybe try to get into the pfSense world. Thanks