Pfsense+ Floating rules not matching all traffic in traffic shaper queues

Hi everyone,

I posted a similar message on the Netgate forums a few days ago, but so far no one has answered. I used the Traffic Shaper wizard to create a multiwan (5 wan/ 1 lan) set of queues. I changed the qVOIP to “qVideoCalls” as Zoom et al are just in not more important than VOIP now for us. I took the IP ranges provided on the Zoom wedsite and created Firewall IP aliases. I then created custom “match” Floating Firewall Rules to match the Aliases for Zoom that I created, and put them in the destination IP alias with “qVideoCalls” in the queue section of the Floating Rule. I can see that some traffic is categorized in the “qDefault” an “qOthersHigh” queues, but no traffic is ever assigned to “qVideoCalls” or qP2P. Could someone tell me what I’ve done wrong? Thanks so much.

I noticed also that in the pfTop display that the queue “qP2P” doesn’t have a priority, but when I go into the traffic shaper it clearly does have priority “1” assigned

Update: I was able to get the floating rules in Zoom to work by re-running the shaper wizard and adding the Zoom alias in the shaper wizard. That creates the floating rules through the wizard which really look exactly the same as what I was doing (I have to be missing something here) by creating the floating rules for Zoom manually.

Additionally the concept that is confusing me is the “last match wins” concept in the floating rules. Is there a why to that? I’ve never seen ACL rules that work with last match, but then I’ve never felt so cognitively challenged since I started learning Pfsense since organic chemistry in college.