Pfsense behind another firewall router

I recently moved across country and for the next year will be living at a home that I do not control the network of. I want to get some of my stuff behind my previously running pfsense firewall.

Lets assume I can not change anything on the first firewall. That is still up in the air.

What would I need to do to at least allow internet traffic, but block all other devices on the other network from connecting? The one issue I see already is both networks are on 192.168.1.x, so I will have to change network to 10.10.x.x or some other subnet, unless I can change the other router. Again, up in the air on that still.

I am trying to do this with as minimal messing around as possible, if possible. But, if I have to rebuild my network, I guess I will have to do that.

As long as you re-IP your network and the outside interface or WAN port is set for DHCP, you should be able to connect it to the new network and still have all your stuff behind it as you did before.

I kinda figured that would be about it. Sucks to have to redo all my static addresses and VLAN settings. But it is what is. Fingers crossed I can get access to the other router and just change it to another network instead. That would make my life easier.

Factory reset their router :wink:

1 Like

Got access to the home owners router. YES! Now to get things back up and running to some degree.