Pf sense and Shield TV

Can anyone advise on the best way to setup and configure the Android Shield to connect on a SG-1100 . As Always ,Thank you !!

You should just be able to plug it in. Is there a specific problem you’re trying to solve?

I wish it was that easy. But with the pfsense router you have to set it first.

It was that easy for me. As nothsa asked, what’s the issue? I’m running Android Shield on Pfsense with no specific settings or firewall rules related to Shield. I do have it running on a VLAN (same one as my Plex to access that content from Shield). Are you running Pfblocker or Snort or something that might be blocking certain sites? Although the Shield is connected via hard-wire, if connected via wifi (I’m using Unifi APs) I had to un-check “Multicast and Broadcast filtering” but no changes to Pfsense were needed.

Mine doesn’t do anything yet. What is the best way to set it up on a android shield? A vlan ? I’m hard wired. I’m not running pfblocker or snort.

Without giving more information about your setup, what it is you’re trying to do, and what is happening that you’re not expecting, it is very unlikely that anybody is going to be able to effectively assist you.

Shield devices have a simple setup process and should just be plug-and-play, even with a pfSense gateway (unless you have manually set pfSense to restricted your outbound connections). You plug in the HDMI (and ethernet if you’re not using wifi), follow the on-screen instructions, and that should be it. If that’s not working, we’d need to know where in the process you’re seeing something unexpected, and what the issue is that you’re seeing.