Patch cable color codes

i have searched and not really able to find anything definite, is there a standard for patch cable color code, for example blue-computers, yellow-wan, purple-ip cams, red-servers, etc… basically what i have been told is make up my own and stick with it, which sounds logical, but if there is a standard i would rather use it… so far i have just been using what i have on hand with no rhyme or reason, but i do have everything documented which i guess is the main thing…

I use yellow for computers, red for routers, and orange for POE in my home lab. At work I buy whatever color I can get, and right now getting cable can be difficult!

I’ve seen blue for desktops and white for cameras here at work.

Thanks!! here is what i have come up with so far,and may be changed or updated:

Blue Computers/printers
Purple Cameras
RED NAS/Server
Yellow WAN
Green UPLINK

The best color code system is the one that works for you and that you’ll remember.

I’ve worked at places where they color code by function (blue = access devices, white = wireless APs, orange = security cameras). I’ve also worked places where they color code based on cable length (gray = 3’, blue = 5’, orange = 7’, yellow = 20’, etc.) so it’s easy to look at any existing cable in a server/network rack or that’s connecting a computer in an office and know what to replace it with, or what the next length longer or shorter is easily.