Open source helpdesk?

So for many years we’ve used our own internal helpdesk system, not because I believe in reinventing the wheel, they simply didn’t work the same way our business does.

I started of assembly programming on both Atari ST and Amiga, have done VB, C#, am a certified PHP Engineer (you can look me up on their site),

So I would like to think I am good at what I do, I have strong OOP skills, and I know most of the guys who work for and have been lead programmers for Zend.

I started a project I would like to release as open source for MSPs. I will probably approach it with a free model woth paid support.

@tomschlick would love your feedback http://expressivedesk.co.uk/ and whether this is something we can work on together.

2 Likes

You develop this yourself, Sir? Is this like a ticketing system?

Yes it started out as a ticket system with the ability to add customers, sites, assets, etc. It can also create tickets from emails if the queues are set up right.

Currently working on adding documentation, such as the ability to link passwords to assets, upload documents relating to assets etc.

1 Like

This helpdesk solution looks great! thanks for giving back to the community

2 Likes

A bit of away to go yet, need to get it on github as soon as I can.

1 Like

We can host a on premise server for this solution? Thank you for this project… I’ll give feedback soon

1 Like